IAOM has partnered with Interstates and Lancaster County Career & Technology Center (LCCTC) to develop a new 3-day electrical training course, which will be offered by IAOM August 15-17 at the LCCTC in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania. The agenda includes a variety of topics related to advanced electrical systems in the mill environment. Attendees are required to have already completed the IAOM Electrical Training course (at either Cowley or LCCTC) or have 5+ years of experience in a role such as a maintenance technician. Training topics include:
- Electrical Safety
- Electrical Symbols and Troubleshooting Best Practices
- Motors and Motor Starters
- Principles of Variable Frequency Drives
- PLC Code and Fault Finding
- Network Architecture and Wiring
- Power Distribution Systems
- Motor Replacement
- Troubleshooting of Components/Circuits
The IAOM Advanced Electrical Course offers a challenging tutorial focused on fault finding in PLC networks, VFD principles, instrumentation, and network architecture in the mill. Offered for the first time in 2023, the attendees with get to work with faculty along with technical experts from Interstates. Working with real world components, students in this “hands-on” electrical training course will learn advanced troubleshooting and participate in lab exercises. Make an investment in your company’s future by attending IAOM’s Advanced Electrical Training course.
Course Fees: IAOM Member – $1075 | Nonmember – $1150
To register for this training, go to the IAOM Online Store and select the Advanced Electrical Training event.
You may also register online. Be sure to select the Advanced Electrical Training under the heading, IAOM Mill Training Courses.
IAOM Members – $1075
Non-Members – $1150
(includes tuition, materials, lunches)
A block rooms has been reserved for the class at the SureStay Plus Best Western in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
- IAOM rate is $139/night + taxes for single/double rooms.
- Reservations should be made by July 14, 2023 to get the IAOM rate.
- Please call the hotel directly at 717-367-4000 and ask for the “IAOM Electrical Training” rate, or you may also use the booking link: SureStay Plus After clicking the link and accessing the booking page, you must “Edit” the booking dates to a range within August 14-18. If you are unable to get the discounted rates on the website, please call the hotel directly at +1 717-367-4000.
Class sizes are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received without payment will be placed on a waiting list. Confirmation as a participant in each course will be sent upon receipt of payment. Please do not make travel plans that cannot be easily canceled until you receive notice of confirmation or cancellation, which you will receive no later than four weeks prior to the course start date.
If cancellation is between 28-60 days of the program date, 25% of the tuition is non-refundable. 100% of the tuition may be transferred to another person.
If cancellation is less than 27 days of the program date, 100% of the tuition is non-refundable. 100% of the tuition may be transferred to another person. Severe extenuating circumstances will be considered individually.
Although we do not anticipate any changes, we do reserve the right to cancel an event at our discretion. In the event of course cancellation, 100 percent of the tuition will be eligible for refund or transferable to another course.