IAOM is pleased to be moving forward with an in-person annual meeting May 2-6, 2022 in Richmond, Virginia. IAOM continues to monitor hotel, local, state and federal restrictions, mandates, guidelines and protocols. IAOM will comply with all restrictions/mandates and may choose to extend best practices after a restriction/mandate has ended.
The IAOM Leadership asks for your continued support, flexibility, cooperation and understanding as we move forward to present a safe and successful event and to provide a healthy and productive environment that is in the best interest for the association and its attendees, staff and partners. At this time, IAOM is implementing the following COVID-19 protocols and recommendations to maintain a safe environment for all IAOM attendees, staff, vendors, partners, as well as hotel guests, visitors, staff and families back at home.
Failure to abide by the IAOM and/or hotel protocols may result in removal from the meeting and/or hotel.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you can participate in any activity that you did before the pandemic.
- To maximize protection from the Delta variant, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- If you are unvaccinated, wearing a mask indoors in public is highly recommended.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze or cough, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Do not share pens/pencils/phones.
- Honor other attendees’ personal choices regarding masks, distance and personal contact.
- Abide by all hotel and convention center rules/policies.
- Abide by all federal, state and local regulations.
Hotel COVID-19 Information:
The hotel is also taking steps to ensure safety for their guests and staff. As a result, some services may be different than in the past and/or may be limited. For example: Gyms and work out facilities may be closed and/or limited in hours of operation and number of guests. Valet, Spa and housekeeping services may be limited or unavailable. Food and beverage outlets may be limited, reservations may be required, and capacities may be limited. Please visit the Safety & Well-Being Protocols of the Hotels and the Convention Center on a regular basis for updates and additional information.
Please visit the IAOM and Richmond venues’ websites on a regular basis for updates and additional information.
Where can I read more about coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Here are some resources we find helpful:
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention