IAOM Call for Nominations
It’s time to recognize your colleagues and collaborators for their achievements in the milling industry. Members are invited to submit nominations for the following awards. Please read the descriptions below for more information. Deadline for all nominations is February 1. Award recipients will be honored at the 127th Annual Banquet and Awards Ceremony on April 19, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
*Nominations solicited for Milling Operative of the Year
Nominations are being accepted until February 1 for the 2023 “IAOM Milling Operative of the Year” award, which recognizes excellent performance by a miller.
Established in 1986 by Milling & Baking News, sister publication of World Grain, the award will be presented in April to the practicing milling operative who has made the most significant contribution to the progress of a plant, a company and the industry from an operating point of view.
The 32nd and 33rd annual “Milling Operative of the Year” awards will be presented on May 5 at the IAOM Banquet and Awards Ceremony of the 126th Annual International Association of Operative Millers Conference and Expo, May 2-6, in Richmond, Virginia. The winner will receive an inscribed plaque, and a scholarship will be established in the winner’s name at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, USA.
Charles Richardson, Star of the West Milling, Churchville, New York, USA, was the recipient of the 2022 award.
Other recent winners include:
- Scott Freebern, PHM Brands, Denver, Colorado, USA, in 2021
- Daisuke Ito, Miller Milling, Tokyo, Japan, in 2020
- Vince Kintzle, Ardent Mills, Denver, Colorado, USA, in 2019
- Michael Wiechman, ADM Milling Company, Enid, Oklahoma, US, in 2018
- Kelly O’Brien, Rgoers Foods Ltd., Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada, in 2017
- John “Dub” Miner, Shawnee Milling Company, Shawnee, Oklahoma, US, in 2016
- John Hultman, Ardent Mills, Decatur, Alabama, US, in 2015
- Domenico Santoianni, ADM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, in 2014
- Tim Carroll, Pendleton Flour Mills, Blackfoot, Idaho, US, in 2013
- Ken Ball, Star of the West Milling, Quincy, Michigan, US, in 2012
- Scott Martin, ConAgra Mills, Omaha, Nebraska, US in 2011
- Emil Kolb, Cargill, Minneapoils, Minnesota, US in 2010
- Greg Ball, King Milling Company, Lowell, Michigan, US, in 2009
- Ted Korolchuk, ConAgra Mills, Omaha, Nebraska, US, in 2008
- Michael Wade Blalock, Milner Milling Company Inc., Barnesville, Georgia, US, in 2007
- Todd Peterson, North Dakota Mill, Grand Forks, North Dakota, US, in 2006
- Everett Abercrombie, Horizon Milling, Chattanooga, Tennessee, US, in 2005
- Mike Long, Bay State Milling Company, Quincy, Massachusetts, US, in 2004
- Bob Reid, The Mennel Milling Company, Fostoria, Ohio, US, in 2003
- Kevin Doehring, American Italian Pasta Co., Excelsior Springs, Missouri, US, in 2002
- Neil Mathieson, Robin Hood Multifoods Inc., Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada, in 2001
Nominations should be submitted by February 1, in a summary of not more than two pages to:
IAOM Nominating Committee
c/o IAOM Headquarters Office
12351 W. 96th Terrace, Suite 100
Lenexa, KS 66215
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org re: Milling Operative of the Year Award
Fax: +1 913-338-3553